Do Water Filters Remove Fluoride?
If you’ve ever wondered, “Do water filters remove fluoride?” we have the answer.
Here are some common filters that don’t remove fluoride:
- Brita filters do not remove fluoride.
- PUR filters do not remove fluoride.
There are two main reasons for fluoride sticking around:
- It has been proven to strengthen teeth.
- This is the number one reason fluoride was added to city water supplies in the 1900s.
- Activated carbon filters aren’t designed to remove it.
- Most store-bought filters rely on activated carbon to filter the majority of contaminants.
The good news is that keeping fluoride in your water is easy, if that’s what you want.
If you’d like to remove it, it requires an additional step or two.
What Filters Remove Fluoride?
Berkey filters are capable of removing fluoride, but you’ll need a separate fluoride filter.
- The Berkey Fluoride Water Filter – PF2 threads directly onto Black Berkey filters.
- It can remove up to 97% of fluoride from your water.
- Cost is around $79 for a pack of 2.
Pentair Water Solutions offers a Fluoride Water Filter System.
- It reduces fluoride in your water down to 1 part per million.
- It can manage home water up to 6 bathrooms.
- The system costs $2,029 but Pentair often runs sales. Access Sale Price Here
Not Sure if You Have Fluoride in Your Water?
Most US cities have fluoride-treated water (over 80% of them).
If you live in a small town or out in the country, you might not have fluoride in your water.
If that’s the case and you want the dental health benefits of fluoride, brushing your teeth with toothpaste will do the trick.
Conclusion – Some Filters Remove Fluoride and Some Don’t
Depending on your fluoride preference, there’s a water filter solution for you.
The best price comes from Berkey Filters.
The most effective filter is from Pentair.
Want to Learn More About Your Water?
Use the search bar below to look up your city. You can then access your water quality report for free.